Tuesday 27 April 2010

Interim Crit and the last 5 Week Plan

Are a successful interim crit, I now know exactly what is left to be done within the last five weeks of the project.

Time table of whats left to be done:

Week 11:
By the end of this week I plan to have completed all of modeling, lighting and animation process. I have a few small items to model and add to the time line to clear up understanding of the 1701 Captain William Kidd event on the timeline. I need to model his hat and a treasure chest to clarify the idea of piracy. I also plan to begin more texture test to find the right style to pull every aspect of the project into line.

Week 12:
I plan to complete and re-texturing and stylising from week 11 and start tests for creating the appearance of distance with simple differences in the camera focus. I plan to test two versions of this to find what works, firstly with itself in Maya and secondly in post production (probably the bets option) in After Effects.

Week 13:
By the end of week thirteen I plan to be ready to begin rendering. If I render within this week, it leave me time to make amendments as and where needed, in case there are any problems. Before I start the rendering process in this week I plan to create a time based animatic with as many sounds needed as possible to carry out one final check on the animation speed, lights, textures, etc.

Week 14:
I plan to have finished all renders within this week and be well into the post production editing, sounds, and levels of camera focus.

Week 15:
By the end of week fifteen my animation will be complete (figures crossed). At this stage and with this forward planning time table I can foresee a few days leeway which allows for any problems which I may into.

Over the next five weeks alongside my project I plan to complete at requirements of the profession portfolio, along with business cards and website.

No comments:

Post a Comment